Monday, November 19, 2007

Geins't Nait - A Consumer Sans Moderation Cassette (SSS 17)

To make up for my lack of posts recently, I will try to get a few posts up tonight. To accomplish this, I will keep my comments to a minimum.

Clearing out some disk space with some cassette I archived a while ago.

First off is an early cassette by Geins't Nait, or Geins't Na'i't, as spelled on this release. This is a lot better, and more interesting than I remember the last time I heard this.

Their LP Fishes can be found on Mutant Sounds here.

This one is left as two side-long rips. Perhaps at a future date, I'll repost it if I can get around to splitting the tracks apart.... Here is the tracklist per the entry in Discogs:

A1
Plus De Légumes
A2
Ardeur Au Travail
A3
Super Marchor
A4
Par Téléphone
A5
Interlude
A6
Splendeur Mécanique
A7
Fin De Week- End
B1
Désormais
B2
Quand Nous Serons Petits À Nouveau
B3
Les Dix Petits Nains
B4
Eat Tropic
B5
Ardeur Au Travail
B6
G. N.
B7
N'est Ce Pas?


Enjoy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

million thanks for this. I'm a big fan and i don't have it !!
Like always, your blog is strickly necessary

Anonymous said...

was the SSS label a sublabel of the Subterranean punk label in S.F.? If so, I never even knew that fact.

thanks for the post. I definitely dig Geins't Nait, they don't get the attention they deserve.

rico

Anonymous said...

was the SSS label a sublabel of the Subterranean punk label in S.F.?

No, if you take a look at the scan with the tracklisting you can just make out the label's mailing address in Pittsburgh. SSS is still sporadically active, I'm pretty sure it's the brainchild of local promoter Manny Theiner.

Atlantis Audio Archive said...

Jim - I believe you are correct about Manny. I recall dealing with him during the Zoviet France show around 1990, which I think he coordinated. I helped put on their show in San Diego. Per discogs, it looks like the label still exists with CD releases as recent as this year!!