Sunday, April 1, 2007

Video Aventures - Moonbeam Movies 2xCassette (ADN RECO 2) 1990

Following up on the LP & 10" posted at Mutant Sounds recently, here is the only other release I know of by Video Aventures aside from a few compilation appearances (including Paris Tokyo which I just posted). Released in 1990 as a double cassette, it is housed in a VHS-sized plastic case including a tiny booklet.

Many artists have released soundtracks to imaginary films, and some have done it very well - C.Schulz's 4.Film Ton, for instance. What makes this album so interesting is each of the twelve tracks could be considered a separate film, or film genre. The 'films' here range from vampire, romance, film noir, western, etc...

Each track starts with a film projector sound effect, and each cassette side ends with the sound of a projector running out of film to add to the whole 'experience'.

In the interest of keeping the music here flowing as it does on the cassettes, I have not split the tracks up. Here is the full track-list:

Side A:
1. Some Never Fired
2. Allo, Veronica...
3. Oyakyodai no Urami

Side B:
4. Ready to Receive Guests
5. Vivere Oggi
6. Back to the Trail

Side C:
7. Embrasse Moi
8. Anschluss Halten
9. Tutsi Frutsi

Side D:
10. The Gause Mask Serves the Purpose
11. Three, Two, One, Zero...
12. Success to Crime

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this one! Loved the Video Aventures from the Mutant site. You were the first to post Klaus Bloch, though, which I also enjoyed!

And that Paris Tokyo cassetts sounds like a good one, too. I believe there's a cassette with This Heat and ALbert Marcoeur called Tago Mago that I would love to see posted if you have it. Regardless, thanks for the music.

Atlantis Audio Archive said...

thanks for the comment.

I think the This Heat split tape on Tago Mago was reissued on CD (probably not legit), and I believe someone already posted it, but I can't seem to recall who it was.... I own a 2nd gen copy on cassette at best, and not sure I even have that anymore... *+*

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment already, but I guess not. Anyway, thanks very much for this. I've been looking for it for a while. I do own the CD reissues of the two VA albums, which triggered the hunt.

Anonymous said...

the link s dead. please reupload. thanx

Atlantis Audio Archive said...

Video Adventures link updated