Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vox Populi! - Imaginaires Cassette 1985

I acquired this tape in a trade around ten years ago. It arrived with no artwork and over the years I lost track of any communication that mentioned the title. So, until very recently, I wasn't sure what release it was as it didn't resemble any cassette listed on discogs.com in length and/or track arrangement.

A few weeks ago there was a Vox Populi! cassette for sale on eBay. Not recognizing the title, I looked closely at the picture and saw the same mysterious Vox Populi! tape I could no longer identify. According to the auction listing, this cassette was included with the French magazine Imaginaires and released in 1985.

Some of the tracks on this cassette have appeared elsewhere (either before or after this release) on other VP releases or compilations in one form or another.

Here is the tracklist supplied in the eBay listing:

Quid (inclus les HITS (Campagnarde, Oyez Oyez, Scoubidou Bidou, Johnny pour toujours)
Ovan IV
Baby Sex
Achk
Samourai
Ovan III
Banafche
Tibetan Cowboy

In this rip, Side A is left as one track, and Side B is split into six tracks. There are eight/eleven tracks listed above so I don't know where Side A ends and Side B begins above.

If anyone else (maybe the winner of the auction) can share some info on this in the comments, I will update the post.

Enjoy

No comments: